Monday, February 9, 2009

My New Little Life

"Keep me safe my God, for in you I take refuge" - Psalm 16:1

So things here are finally starting to fall into place here. I start teaching computer classes tomorrow morning at the Primary School. I was visiting one of my classes this morning and all the kids call me "teacher" and laugh at me. It's quite funny.

I believe I will be more of a P.E. teacher rather than a soccer coach because there are so many kids here (1,000 students between both schools). I believe the Head Masters of both schools would prefer that. Plus it will be very difficult for someone to run the team after I am gone. But I'll just leave all final decisions in God's hands.

I am missing home terribly, especially my family. It is quite the life change here but I know my time here will fly by. I ask for continuous prayers - strength, comfort, encouragement, health, happiness and all things good!

I want to thank everyone again for all the support! I appreciate it more than all of you know! I will talk to all of you soon!

2 comments:

  1. "A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?" Proverbs 20:24

    I can't even begin to understand how you are feeling out there. Culture shock probably doesn't do any justice. I just want you to remember that whenever you are feeling out of place, you aren't. Talk to your friends, talk to your family, talk to pretty much anyone who knows you, and I'm sure you will get the same response. We've known a long time that God has a plan for you, and that plan includes Africa. It really is the motherland for you, your niche, and you will do amazing things there. Just have faith in the Lord and he will guide you. Know you have have Him in one hand giving you direction, and people like me in the other, giving you strength. You can do this, you are The Britt Froi. Baller for life! I think of you often, and pray for you constantly. I hope this adventure is all you hoped for and more. I'm with you there in spirit.

    I love you girl,
    Abby

    P.S. silly muzungu - trix are for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Ferg,

    I know we e mail everyday but I want to write you on here too! You are the most wonderful woman both inside and out and such an inspiration to so many people. I pray you will see (and I know you do) the wonderful opportunity God has laid in front of you. The opportunity to show Africa the everlasting love of God and the forgiveness he shares with us. I know the good news of the Lord you have in your heart and how excited you are to share it with a nation who is sad and damaged. Give your heart to the Lord, trust in Him because with Him you can do all things. Like the great Abby Loar once said "you have Him giving you direction and us here giving you strength". We all think of you everyday, we pray for you always but mostly we are so happy at the opportunity God has given you. Its what you have waited for your whole life Britt. When you miss home and me (duh), just remember the fun times we have and how much we love you; but also remember the little cheeseburgers who are so in love with you and in love with what you can show them about God. Think of the fun you are putting in their lives. They are so grateful for you my little muzungu. Open you heart, sometimes this means to the good and the bad, but God will be with you through it all. I love you with all my heart, you are being prayed for every second of every day.

    Love,
    Ferg

    PS- cant wait to hear all about being a computer teacher and a pe teacher - heehee

    ReplyDelete