Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Great Running Incident of '09

“‘Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it’” - Matthew 7:13

My goodness the narrow road can be a challenge! I highly recommend it to all who are interested : ). God delivers beautiful blessings and trials while traveling down the narrow road with Jesus. There will be stormy days that are painful, but when the good days come, God reveals himself to your heart.

I can’t believe I forgot to tell all of you about my small little accident last Friday! So I was taking a nice little jog into town to meet up with some friends for a cup of tea. It was about 8 at night and it gets quite dark after about 7. There are plenty of lights lining the streets here however they are never turned on. I set out on my small trek in the pitch black night and things were going smoothly. I sloshed into a rain puddle or two but wasn’t too worried. As I turned onto the main road that heads into town, I was confronted with lots of big rocks and uneven surfaces. I was trying to pay attention to my swift steps while trying not to get hit by the oncoming traffic as well (the drivers here are crazy – they come at you at about 45 or 50 miles an hour and if you don’t move, they will hit you). A car was approaching me very quickly and turned its bright lights on so I hopped over into the gravely mess where I took quite the tumble… I tripped on a rock that sent my body flying into even bigger rocks… My body was airborne for a solid second or two and after that was over it was so kindly greeted by the sharp rocks that my legs and knees slammed into. I sliced my right leg up pretty good and had a solid stream of blood flowing. I also seemed to tear a pretty good hole in my jacket sleeve where my hands tried to catch my fall. I have a couple of wonderful bruises as well! I’m pretty sure everyone who saw it got a good laugh from the situation, I know I did. So about 30 alcohol swabs later, I was all cleaned up and ready for action. I took a couple of pictures and would love to post them but the internet is too slow here. Everyone stares at my leg and its wounds… Scars, scrapes, scabs, blood and bruises are a phenomenon on my white skin to everyone who looks. When they ask what happened I tell them the story and they all look at me in disbelief and wonder why I think it is funny. Then they reply “I’m so sorry” as if it was their fault. The people here are so kind it’s great!

There’s a little laugh for everyone’s day! The rain returned again yesterday right around the time I take the girls out for a jog. It was quite the storm with harsh wind, huge rain drops, lightning and thunder! It was fun to watch it! Apparently the weather has a sort of “schedule” here – two weeks of rain two weeks of sunshine. I believe we just started our rainy week again. I’m currently sitting inside watching the rain fall down and the gray clouds stroll through… Hopefully it clears up in time for soccer! The girls love to go run and look forward to it all day so it’s a huge bummer when these storms come. Please pray for all the kids at Sonrise, they are so precious and need the Lord to guide them every day.

I hope all of you are happy and healthy and enjoying this New Year. I miss everyone very much and look forward to the day when we meet again!!

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Ferg, everytime i read this story i hate it. you beeeeeeee safe!!! you probably need a thousand stiches!

    ReplyDelete